Thursday, April 29, 2010

My first Car


Let me introduce to my first car which I bought when I first started to work.

If I remember correctly, I bought this car at 4th quater of year 2005. 

My family love the car a lot however I did not manage to keep the car long enough till now. I sold of the car back in Year 2007.

When I first bought the car was already 10 years old.


























It was hard for me to maintain the car especially the petrol as I bought a 2800cc capacity engine. Its a 192 HP on engine car man~! He He He~!

I was only 21 when I was driving this monster. When I was young, all that I think of was the style and luxury of getting a car regardless was it practical or not.

Things that I have learnt after maintaining the car for 2 years was that -

  1. Car is an asset but a depreciating asset. Each year its estimated at least 5% to 15% depending on various factor, model of the car, age of the car, condition of the car and etc.
  2. Take in to account the road tax, insurance and the monthly payment of loan. Try to keep as minimum as possible.
  3. Always check if there is available spare part and expertise workshop which you can send you car for maintenance.
 A rule of thumb is that, you commitment should only be approximately 30%. This 30% commitment of your gross will consist of your credit card outstanding, car loan, and housing loan too. Don't over burden yourself with debts. 

My last experience tells me that, car is just a mode of transport. Must be practical when you are choosing a car.
For now, my mode of transport is renewable every month via the LRT monthly pass.








No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

World Domination of Daniel ANG~!


visited 20 states (8.88%)
Create your own visited map of The World